The website for The Stanford Center on Longevity states that those in the United States are likely to live to age 90+. Modern Medicine is a two-edged sword : We are living longer, yet what is the quality of Life as we age, and who is taking care of us, especially if we are single ?
Fact : It is likely that you or a loved one will need some form of Home Care or Long Term Care in your Lifetime. The probability of becoming incapable of doing at least two Activities of Daily Living, or becoming cognitively impaired, is 68% for those age 65 and older. Sixty Eight percent !
What happens when you cannot care for yourself, or for others, because you cannot perform at least two of the six Activities of Daily Living ? Medicare is not the answer, because Medicare does not pay for chronic illness : Neither Home Care, nor Long Term Care in a facility. Medicare does not cover 24-hour-a-day care at home, meals delivered to the home, homemaker services (shopping, cleaning, laundry, etc.) or personal care (bathing, dressing, etc.).
Who will care for you, and who will care for your loved ones if you become ill ?
Many of you are Caregivers for your parents, a spouse, a relative, or a special needs child. I cared for both my parents in my home until their passing. Caregiving is a blessing, but also demanding in many ways.
Here are three good resources for Caregivers :
Taking care of a loved one is rewarding, and yet challenging. The responsibilities can impact your health, family, job, finances and personal freedom. To ensure the best for you and your loved ones, create a “ Caregiving Plan ” in advance. Like hurricane preparedness, hopefully you won’t need to implement this plan. But if you ever do need this plan, having it properly and legally documented in advance will serve you and your loved ones well.
This Caregiving Plan will provide a written checklist for you to discuss important issues with loved ones while they are still physically capable and mentally competent : all the “ What Ifs” that may unfold in the future. Estate Planning and final arrangements should also be included as part of a comprehensive plan.
No one enjoys this task, and most people avoid it until it is too late. In my 37 Year career, I have been involved in many situations where people became incapacitated or died, and left behind disarray, litigation, and expenses … instead of clarity and a Legacy. This Caregiving and Estate Plan is the classic “ Ounce of Prevention versus Pound of Cure ”. Set aside time to thoughtfully address these issues and speak with me. Somewhere down the road, you will be glad that you did, and so will your loved ones.
I am a Fiduciary and Certified Estate Planner ™. I can help you with Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, Health Care Directives, and Final Expenses. I am also versed in Medicare, Long Term Care, and Home Health Care plans. Unless a person truly needs 24 hour skilled nursing, most care is given in the Home, where people are the happiest, and live longer. Home Care is the future of Long Term Care.
I have a complimentary article for you : “ Tips for Caregivers “
You are welcome to request it by either calling me at 386.882.6256 ; or emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to discuss any of these issues, please contact me for a Complimentary Consultation at 386.882.6256, or www.fraserallport.com
All of Fraser’s prior DROP articles are archived at :
Fraser is a Certified Estate Planner™
See Fraser's Estate Planning services at :
Fraser's Biography, Services, and Credentials are at :
Follow Money and Markets at :
Client references are available for you to speak with upon request.
With 39 Years of Knowledge in Financial Services,
Fraser Allport can help you with all your DROP, Medicare,
and Social Security Questions.
It is Too Late in Your Life to make Money Mistakes !
Be A Good Steward of Your Money.
Call Fraser, a Financial Professional with 39 Years of Experience.
You call a Professional for every other project in Your Life, right ?
Please see Fraser’s invitation for a Complimentary Consultation to help you start your Exit Plan to Retirement.
Starting any Project is the hard part, but Fraser can help shepherd you with an Action Plan.
Fraser Allport is a Fiduciary, an Investment Advisor,
and a Certified Estate Planner ™ with 39 years of experience.
Fraser is an Independent, and the Owner.
Call Fraser Allport, your Florida DROP Specialist, at 386.882.6256 for your Complimentary Consultation
about your DROP, Social Security, Medicare, Income Tax, Retirement and Estate Planning questions.
Knowledgeable in every aspect of Financial Services, Fraser is the Total Advisor ™.
An Experienced and Independent Fiduciary for all your financial needs.
Call Fraser for answers at 386.882.6256.
It’s a Complimentary Consultation.
Please see all of Fraser’s DROP articles in his extensive DROP Library at.
Fraser can help you with an ACTION PLAN
below for Retirement :
- Fraser can help you with the very first steps that you must take to exit your DROP.
- Fraser can help you meet the dates and deadlines for filing your DROP Exit forms.
- Fraser can show you the FRS forms that are needed, and help you complete them.
- Fraser can help you with choices for wisely investing your DROP Rollover money.
- Fraser can help you optimize your un-used DROP Sick Days and Vacation Days.
- Fraser can help you maximize your Social Security benefits for you, and also for your Spouse. Note: Social Security decisions are irrevocable after 12 months.
- Fraser can help you with your Health Insurance, Medicare, Medicare Supplements Home and Long Term Care choices. Most Long-Term Care occurs in your Home.
- Fraser can help you coordinate your Retirement Plans with your Spouse’s Retirement Plans. You and your Spouse want to be in synch about Retirement.
- Fraser can help you reduce your Income Taxes in Retirement. This may save you a lot of money over the rest of your Life. Don’t over-pay your Income Taxes.
- Fraser can help you with your Estate and Legacy Planning.
- Fraser is a Certified Estate Planner™. Leave A Legacy, not A Mess.
- Fraser can help you Get Your House In Order with Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, A Living Will, Health Care Directives, Final Expenses, etc.
- Fraser can help you with a Home Health Care Plan, customized for you.
- Act now, while your health still qualifies. Home Health Care is the future of Long Term Care.
Your DROP Plan is your Retirement Nest Egg.
Safeguard it by getting Smart with your Money.
Remember the two Golden Rules of Investing:
1) Don’t Go It Alone. Seek out Professional help.
2) It’s Never Too Early to Plan for Retirement.
These are Big Decisions for You ... with really Big Consequences.
As You Retire, You are about to make some of the most important
financial decisions of Your entire Life :
What to do with Your DROP Lump Sum and other assets too ?
Be Smart with Your Money, because it’s Your Nest Egg.
Your Retirement is at stake here. These are Lifetime decisions.
Prepare for Retirement ...
and prepare for Longevity.
Because of his Knowledge and Experience for 38 Years ...
Fraser Allport is ... " The Total Advisor™ "